Monday 29 January 2018

Soul searching

It's been almost a year since my last post!

Have not played online Poker for a while. Somewhere along the road, I found an avenue I could explore. That avenue is called real estate.

It looked so familiar to me. Made me recall all the things around me as I was growing up. I grew up in a real estate family. My father is a real estate lawyer and I owe him all of my education, in school and away from school.

I remember in primary school me and my friends would draw houses on pad paper. We would go to the tiny school library to draw. The grade 1 pad paper had lots of lines and helped drawing the houses. I recall drawing houses that looked like a bungalow with a chimney. Chimneys are not that popular in Philippines but I do not know, it seemed nice to draw a smoking house.

A couple of years after that Dragon Ball Z hit the TV. Me and my friends shifted towards drawing its characters because they were just so cool. My favorite character was Trunks. Those were around Grade 3 and 4. My bag would be full of bond papers of the drawings. I guess we progressed to freehand drawings and it was a lot harder to draw without the lines of pad paper.

Trying to remember my dad's office, he always had these images drawn up by professionals. They were what they were envisioning to be a residential subdivision. The houses were huge and way more than what I was drawing. It was very detailed with colors and the house had a car port.

So I guess there goes 9 months of 2017 trying to comprehend real estate. I have read every book I was able to borrow. Me and my friend Jojo even went to an expensive real estate seminar. That was eye opening.

The seminar blew my mind how crazy people are about real estate. For some people, finding good place to live is the story of their career. Finding shelter solves a major human desire for survival.The structures built by professionals serve as protection for any form of danger.

I have never been homeless all of my life. Now I realize what difficulties people without homes have to deal with on a daily basis. I would consider myself lucky as my problems seem to be straightforward compared to them.

Hunger is one thing that can easily be solved but think about yourself waking up inside an ATM machine inside your sleeping bag,  somebody opens the door and would like to withdraw money from the machine above you. If that were me, I would be pissed to be waken up by a stranger inside my room! I would be saying GTFO!

Well 2018 is here. January is almost over. I start my year feeling relieved that my job is simple enough. I will be looking to build shelter for my family and others in need.

Poker / RMG (Risk Management Game) will still be in the heart of it all as it will be primary source of funding for the initial project.

I find myself lucky to still have chance to play my favorite game, but also do it for a cause.

Hopefully in the coming years, I will have built houses for steady personal income and put myself in better position to help the homeless.

Cheers,
Jus

No comments:

Post a Comment